Sunday 26 October 2014

Retrosketches 138

I often look at Retrosketches, because so many lovely cards show up there but until today I've never entered one. When I saw today's sketch, a card formed in my head and I dropped all other plans for a sunny spring Sunday and headed straight into my craft room. I've been thinking wedding cards of late as my daughter keeps filling me in on the wedding she is going to be a bridesmaid for in summer. So, a collision of ideas, stars in alignment or something.

Here is the great sketch:

And my card...



The new thing I did on this card is the beading. I raided my bead jar and found the star-shaped beads left over from a Christmas angel project. I placed them and pierced a hole through the two layers (embossed and white) and sewed the small gold bead on top of the star bead so it looked more like a flower, before fixing to the gold layer. 

The sentiment is gold embossed onto vellum and layered onto gold paper.

Update: I was so delighted to have this card selected as a Shout Out at Retrosketches.

Ingredients
Paper: Whisper white, metallic gold, vellum
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: SU A Dozen Thoughts
Other: Gold embossing powder, embossing folders - Swiss Dot, Victoria, Textile.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful and such lovely embossing.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your wedding card, Jan. Waving hello from Australia

    ReplyDelete