Thursday 9 July 2015

Cas-ology 154

I don't often play at Cas-ology, although I look every week since the design team cards are so masterful, because I'm always kind of awed by the clean simplicity of the cards there. I like clean and simple but playing here always make me think very carefully about what to put in and what to leave out. When I play here, I always work on the theory that it's best to plan your card then take one thing out!  It's a real challenge for me.

I had a few ideas around the idea of repetition, so gave it a go.



It's very clean but not really so simple: even with a stamp-a-ma-jig, it's pretty hard to get the stamps all lined up and stamped perfectly each time. I actually had to call one a prototype and make a second!

I added a pearl to the centre of each motif, just to add a bit more interest in a subtle way.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, scrap of Marina Mist
Stamps: SU Hello Lovely (retired) and Hero Arts Thank You 
Ink: Marina Mist
Other: Pearls, corner rounder punch, stamp-a-majig.

2 comments:

  1. Well, your execution is perfect on this card. I know that sometimes the simplest ideas are the most difficult to do, so kudos to you for pulling it off. Love the repetition in image as well as sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour and perfect repeating pattern. Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete