Saturday 9 January 2016

As You See It 118 - Design Team

Our last challenge went for a couple of weeks to give everyone a chance to play over the holidays and we had some lovely entries. This new challenge is an assortment challenge. The task is to create a project that uses all the elements in the assortment. 


The snowflake wouldn't let me get past a Christmas card, even if Christmas is in mid-summer! So, here's the first card in next Christmas's stash.




I experimented a bit with my ink resist. I clear embossed the snowflakes, then wet the paper in the part I wanted to colour. I put some Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss onto an acyrlic block added water to liquify them and used them like paint. I used the darker ink to emphasise some areas. After drying it off, I added some water drops to the coloured area and then patted them off, to add a bit more pattern to the background. After drying it a second time, I stamped in a few extra snowflakes in Rich Razzleberry.

So, have a go yourselves and try your hand at our assortment challenge.

Ingredients
Card: Blackberry Bliss, watercolour paper, Whisper White, Silver glimmer paper
Stamps: Endless Wishes, Holly Jolly Greetings
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss
Other: Rhinestones, Silver thread, Something Borrowed embellishment


No comments:

Post a Comment