Friday, 29 January 2016

Less is More 260

I wasn't going to play challenges this week - too many things to do before school goes back next week - but, what can I say, I love to make cards and the challenge at Less is More was just too wonderful to keep ignoring! I think I will sneak in before the deadline.

The challenge this week is to make a card that includes a silhouette.





First I masked off a column and sponged in Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum to create a twilight sky. I used Blackberry Bliss to stamp the leaves, flowers and dragonfly. As I wanted to add in some gold, I stamped off the versamark before adding in the leaves as I wanted a light coverage of gold. I highlighted the flowers with a gold gel pen.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Awesomely Artistic, Wetlands (sentiment)
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, gold gel pen.
All products Stampin' Up.

8 comments:

  1. wow.. this is so beautiful. I love the purple silhouettes and all that gorgeous sponging.
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colour to create your silhouettes in! Absolutely gorgeous card. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful and love the tone on tone silhouettes here - works brilliantly and so classy.
    Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this what beautiful colours perfectly sponged and stamped.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colour combination, a gorgeous card. Thanks for stopping by my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colours. Your card is beautiful. I like the shaded sky and especially I like added gold.
    Thank you for visiting my blog. :-)
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be so late visiting you, what a super silhouette - perfect in purple!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you used the colours and then embossing. One I saved as an example. I haven't always had much time to be creative...but this saved sample will be one to remember to help motivate me...thank you.

    ReplyDelete