Sunday 26 June 2016

Inkspire Me 255

The colours in this week's challenge at Inkspire Me are just made for my new current favourite set, Seaside Shore.


As soon as I saw Seaside Shore in the catalogue, I wanted to make an aquarium card where it looked like the fish were in a tank. Here it is:





Update: Delighted to win this challenge at Inkspire Me!

Ingredients
Card: Dapper Denim, By the Shore DSP, Very Vanilla, Window sheet
Stamps: Seaside Shore
Inks: Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky
Other: Lots of Labels framelits, dimensionals, Calypso Coral thick twine, Stamp'n'write markers - Soft Sky, Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral.



7 comments:

  1. I really like this card. How wide is the acetate area? Is this a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card? I feel like it may be larger. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonilea. It is a standard sized card. I'm afraid that I work in metrics. The base is an A4 sheet - the size it comes in from Stampin' Up - cut in half longways. This gives me a piece 10.5 cm wide and 21 cm long, tent folded. I cut off 6cm to make the bottom front piece and cut 5 more centimetres out to create the window. The acetate I cut slightly narrower than the width of the card base. It is 10cm wide and 7.5 cm deep. I cut it that deep to make sure that the line of tape at the top and bottom of the acetate wouldn't show underneath the DSP as I've attached the window to the right side of the card and covered it with paper. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. A very clever card, Jan! Thanks for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool trick! I love your card. thank you for playing our IN{K}SPIRE_me Challenge, tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a pretty card. thank you for playing our IN{K}SPIRE_me Challenge, tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply amazing! What an incredibly cool idea to do an aquarium! Love it! Thanks for joining us at IN{K}SPIRE_me with this beauty! ~ Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. gotta try it. thanks.mj

    ReplyDelete