Saturday 18 June 2016

Pals Paper Arts 305

I saw the colour challenge at Pals Paper Arts before I went to work yesterday and I kept thinking about it in relation to an idea I wanted to try, so when I got home I celebrated the start of the weekend by getting onto a card for it.


I liked the idea that Pool Party and Island Indigo are shades of each other, so I wanted to use one as a ghost of the other. I started with stamping the flower image in Island Indigo, then using a Stamp-a-majig, stamped the same image in Pool Party just a millimetre or two off the original. The effect is quite subtle but the Pool Party 'ghost'  creates a kind of stereo-vision that adds some extra depth to the image. I added in a few little highlights with a white gel pen on both the flower and the butterfly.


The 'hello' is layered up for extra dimension. The butterfly has an Island Indigo shadow under him and is raised on a dimensional.


The ghost stamp is more visible in this close-up.


Earlier in the week, I'd seen beautiful card by  Shawn de Oliveira, which was the CASE challenge at The Global Design Project. It reminded me of the beautiful Butterfly Basics set with its gorgeous and versatile flower image which lead to my choice of stamp for this card. I think that the mood of the cards is similar too. So I'm also entering this card The Global Design Project too.


Update: Incredibly delighted to be a winner at The Global Design  Project this week!
Further update: So very happy to be a Top Pick at Pals Paper Arts too!


Ingredients
Card: Island Indigo, Island Indigo DSP, Pool Party, Whisper White
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Papillon Potpourri
Inks: Island Indigo, Pool Party
Other: Hello You thinlits, white gel pen, dimensional, pearls






11 comments:

  1. Love your Island Indigo flower on Pool Party cs...sweet layout too! Thanks for playing along with the Pals color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, this card is spectacular! Such amazing details, like the shadow image and the raised "hello." Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, your decision to ghost the background image really makes "Hello" POP! Thank you for playing with Pals Paper Arts this week for PPA305! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. The shadow on the butterfly is subtle and adds great dimension. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the added depth you have achieved on the flowers with this technique Jan. I love the monotone card with the pop of white in the bold sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at Global Design Project as we CASE Shawn this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the other objects support the pop of the greeting! Great job! Congrats on the PPA305 win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I meant the win on the GDP040.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being chosen as a Global Design Project winner for last week's challenge! So glad you played along and submitted such a beautiful card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. That is gorgeous. I had to look twice at the ghost stamping; it is such a beautiful way to add dimension and interest. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shawn. Your work is absolutely beautiful and I love the card that was offered for CASE-ing.

      Delete
  10. A most gorgeous card, Jan! So happy to see you playing along with GDP and PPA this week. Thanks for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts color challenge!

    ReplyDelete