Saturday 25 March 2017

As You See It Challenge 146 - DT Card


Welcome to the new challenge at As You See It. This week, Amanda has given us a theme challenge: My Favourite Thing About Spring is....


This involved a bit of a shift in thinking for me, as in New Zealand we're moving rapidly into autumn and spring is a distant memory. 

There are many things to like about spring but I like the vitality and energy of it: the way that leaves pop out overnight, bulbs force their way out of the ground, flowers bud, the emerging riot of colour, the wind and showers of rain. 

My camellias are among the first things to flower in my garden. So my card is meant to bring those things to mind. The rather abstract flowers from Avant Garden are reminiscent of my various pink camellias. The Softly Falling embossing brings to mind the spring rains and echoes the dots in the centre panel. The angled mat adds to the sense of movement and energy of spring - along with a pop of spring greenery. 




I hope you can see and enjoy my vision of spring here but we'd all love to see how you see this challenge. You have until 11.55 p.m. on Wednesday April 5 PST to join us.

Ingredients
Card: Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Stamps: Avant Garden
Inks: Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Other: Softly Falling embossing folder, Blushing Bride twine, dimensionals





1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card Jan! I love the embossing folder for the background panel too, it echoes the dots perfectly. Your flowers are pretty in pink for sure and hopefully will serve as a reminder of spring as autumn approaches!

    ReplyDelete