Saturday 18 March 2017

GDP78 and CI5

It's been a hectic time since school went back so I'm enjoying a quiet Saturday morning at last! I've made a card using two sources of inspiration. Firstly, the sketch challenge at Global Design Project.

Secondly, the supremely lovely colour combination at Colour Inkspiration, which I've been hoping to get to ever since the challenge opened almost a fortnight ago.


In this card, I've taken the change below the line in the sketch to be a change in texture, rather than a change in colour or pattern.



The bird is stacked on two other bird shaped to give him some depth and the branch on one. I've left the branch to hang over the frame a bit.


The sky background is sponged on watercolour paper and then it's been flicked with water to lift some of the colour.  The sentiment is clear embossed over Sahara Sand ink.


I had been thinking of a baby girl card as I was making it but now I think it could also suit an engagement or even a wedding or anniversary. One thing I do know for sure is that I don't use Best Birds enough!

Update: Utterly, utterly delighted to be a winner at Global Design Project this week!
Further update: So very delighted to be in the Top 5 at Colour Inkspiration as well!

Ingredients
Card: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, watercolour paper
Stamps: Best Birds
Inks: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky, versamark
Other: Falling Petals embossing folder, Birds and Blooms framelits, Blushing Bride twine, Layered circles framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals, pearls, clear embossing powder, aquapainter.








11 comments:

  1. this is a stunning card Jan! Beautiful job and I adore your take on both of these challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers Jan!! I think this has to be the best amalgamation of two challenges I have seen yet. What a beauty! Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watercolor circle - so pretty! And I love the Best Birds set. What a great take on both the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh and Awhhh!!! Lovely card! Beautiful color scheme and blending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jan! You were one of our worthy winners of the Global Design Project this week. Well done - your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy your challenges and was really drawn to this week's sketch.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jan...I know I commented on your gorgeous card over at Colour INKspiration. Your water coloured back ground and the colouring on the cute bird hvae been done perfectly. The embossed hearts running across the card really helps to add that ectra interest.. Congrats for your win with this little beauty at GDP xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. Your comments are very kind and very encouraging.

      Delete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love the soft colors...congrats on your GDP choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the GDP win, Jan! This card is so beautiful! The coloring on the bird and in the background are simply gorgeous. It's not hard to see why this was a top pick! XX Hugs! XX

    ReplyDelete