Wednesday 21 June 2017

Colour Inkspiration 11

I've been so busy lately that I haven't entered the challenges I wished I had. So it was a great pleasure to find the time to put together something for the eleventh challenge at Colour Inkspiration, a Facebook based challenge. The graphics are always beautiful and this one is no exception. It just begs you to come play!

It's been a while since I got out Touches of Texture but these colours seemed to call for it. As a background for the panel, I used the challenge colours as a base for a piece of faux metallic paper. I made this a few times around Christmas and used it in a class, where it was very popular. The new Garden Trellis embossing folder is perfect for this technique, I think. 





There are tiny pearls in the flower centres and there are some flicks of clear Wink of Stella in the mix as well. I couldn't resist tucking in a little bit of the gorgeous Copper Trim ribbon to pick up the touches of copper embossing on the background paper.

Ingredients
Card: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Touches of Texture, One Big Meaning
Inks: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Marina Mist inkpad and marker, Versamark
Other: Copper embossing powder, Stitched framelits, Layering oval framelits, Copper Trim, Garden Trellis embossing folder, pearls, clear Wink of Stella




4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Jan... this card is STUNNING! And you are right about the embossing folder! Just had to tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully crafted card, Jan! Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope you'll be back on your feet soon. Congrats on being guest designer over at The Paper Players! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather. I've just had a winter bot - the perils of working in a school! The GD is pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete