Sunday 20 August 2017

The Paper Players 358 - DT card

Last week's summery colour challenge at The Paper Players certainly threw up a whole range of projects from flowers to caravans and they were all a delight to look at. This week, we have a theme challenge for you.


Colouring any image - so many choices! As I'd used my favourite colouring stamps recently (Best Birds and Butterfly Basics) I turned to my pre-order box of goodies. Out came Beachy Little Christmas. Perfect for those of us who live in warm climates or like me, live somewhere where Christmas is mid-summer. This will be available for order after 1 September, from the new Stampin' Up Holiday Catalogue. There are several images but I liked this beach-ornamented Christmas Tree for my first experiment.


For this, I used blender pens and ink to colour the tiny ornaments and the bucket. I stamped the shells, also part of the set, then coloured them, over-stamped them with a darker splatter and fussy cut them to add in under my tree. I used the fine splatter stamp from Touches of Texture for my 'sand' and for the shells.


Since my box also held some mini-sequin trim, I used a bit of that under the sentiment and pulled a few off the string to put in the centre of the round baubles on the tree.


There are just a few rules to remember if you're joining us at The Paper Players. 
  1. Create a NEW paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 4 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!
I enjoy seeing everyone's creations, so please join in.

If you live anywhere in New Zealand and don't have a demonstrator, please contact me. I'd love to help you out with ideas and Stampin' Up supplies. You can reach me through contacting me on my Facebook page, linked in the sidebar of this blog, or by leaving me a comment below.

Ingredients - All products Stampin' Up
Card: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Shimmery white cardstock, Whisper White
Stamps: Beachy Little Christmas, Touches of Texture
Inks: Garden Green, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron
Other: Seaside embossing folder,  blender pen, Burlap ribbon, Gold mini-sequin trim, dimensionals, Metallic enamel shape



11 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Jan! What a fun image, and sentiment too. Your shells look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun set for a down-under Christmas Jan and I love how you've coloured it on your card. I love the detail that you've picked out on your tree; I suspect it took a while to colour all of the little elements, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, Jan! And how fun! I love the beautiful image and the quote! Have a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute sentiment and card! Love the seashells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! It looks like we were both having fun with the same stamp set. :) You did just a lovely job of coloring the image and I love the colors and embellishments you've paired up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is makes me smile! Love the seashell Christmas tree--perfect for us in FL too. Great coloring job--especially on those itty bitty details and your splatter sand looks so realistic. Great card, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, this is fabulous! Yes, so many places don't have snow for Christmas, so this is just perfect! Your coloring is beautiful! Love all the details and splatters on this gorgeous card! I hope you are having a great week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beachy Christmas tree made me smile. Living on the coast, I do have a beachy tree and yours is so much fun. I like the wavy background layer too! Hmmmm...another stamp for the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am so late in commenting this week! I have been wanting to comment on this pretty little Christmas tree since I saw it in the gallery! I sort of glossed over this set in the book, but I can see its potential with the lovely coloring and sweet layout you used! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this new set and your colours show it off smashingly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, what a happy card! That stamp really suits a 'down under' Christmas, and you've showcased it beautifully. The textures of the card are great.

    ReplyDelete