Sunday 15 October 2017

The Paper Players 366 - DT Card

Welcome to a new challenge at The Paper Players. This week, we have a CAS Theme Challenge for you.


Last time we had a CAS theme challenge, I somehow missed reading the 'CAS' part and ended up making a card much less CAS that I usually do, so this time round I was extra careful!

Spooky is a theme that's quite hard for me. I don't have any spooky/halloween stamps because halloween just isn't a thing in New Zealand. I did a Halloween themed card for another challenge I'm on the team for, Retro Rubber. I liked it a lot but thought that it didn't fit the CAS bill, so this card is my attempt to re-make my own card in cleaner, simpler style.


The house is made using the Hometown Greetings edgelits from this year's Christmas catalogue.
I cut it down to the one house, backed in with Hello Honey, then inlaid the architectural elements from a Tangerine Tango house I'd also cut.


The colours in the masked and sponged column are Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist and Blackberry Bliss. You can see the original card here.

We would love to have you join us at The Paper Players this week for our CAS Spooky challenge.

Here's a reminder of the few rules we have:
  1. Create a NEW paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, total. Entries linked to more than 4 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand and don't have a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I'd love to help you with ideas and Stampin' Up products. Please message me through my Facebook page, linked in the sidebar of this blog or leave a comment below.

Ingredients
Card: Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, scraps of Hello Honey
Stamps: SU Thoughtful Branches, Clearly Besotted Many Mini Messages
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss
Other: Hometown Greetings edgelits, sponges, black rhinestones, circle punch for the mask, post-it notes for the mask.





11 comments:

  1. Love the CAS scene you created..thats a fun house die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I think you rocked it. your little house against the sunset is perfectly spooky! And.. it's fabulously CAS!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, your spooky looking scene is perfect! Great CAS card and just perfect for Halloween! I hope you have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this card SO MUCH (as well as your other one) that I re-created it for my sample box at my last stamp camp! A little time-consuming but so worth the effect! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I feel really flattered by that LeAnne!

      Delete
  5. Another fun creation with the house die, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous and spooky all at the same time! Very creative for not having Halloween supplies. Hope you're having a good week ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. BY this card, we would never know that you don't do Halloween Jan. It is fabulous. Your design manages to be spooky and elegant at the same time--rather like a Victorian Halloween greeting. Love the haunted hill houses and the sponged panel is fabulous. The touch of purple is just perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan I love both of your cards using these die cuts! Your sponged backgrounds are fabulous, and with a change of sentiment I think this would make an awesome new home card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is FUN!!! Love your little house with the sponged background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jan - the colours of the sky are fabulous and I love the orange borders on the silhouetted house too. Perfectly CAS and spooky too!

    ReplyDelete