Sunday 22 October 2017

The Paper Players 367 Design Team Card

There were so many creative and clever entries in last week's spooky theme challenge, I can't wait to see what you all do with Claire's lovely sketch this week.


I bought Beautiful Bouquet from this year's annual catalogue and have barely played with it, so I decided that I'd make sure I used it this week. I really enjoyed playing with all the various flower forms and foliage. I used some of them to create a bouquet for the shape element of the sketch.


I also used the new dynamic textured impression embossing folder, Pinewood Planks, and softly sponged the edges and some of the surface. I wanted a rustic, garden feel without it being too obvious which is why I did not use my beloved Hardwood background stamp.


I enjoyed building up the flower bouquet. I used the new Everyday label punch and the border from the co-ordinating set, Labels to Love, for the sentiment.


We would love to have you join us at The Paper Players this week for our sketch challenge.

Here's a reminder of the few rules we have:
  1. Create a NEW paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, total. Entries linked to more than 4 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand and don't have a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I'd love to help you with ideas and Stampin' Up products. Please message me through my Facebook page, linked in the sidebar of this blog or leave a comment below.

Ingredients
Card: Pool Party, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, scrap of Powder Pink
Stamps: Beautiful Bouquet, Burlap, Labels to Love
Inks: Pool Party, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, So Saffron
Other: Bouquet Bunch framelits, Copper trim, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, rhinestones, enamel shapes, dimensionals, sponges




8 comments:

  1. Darn....I was resisted that Pinewood Planks EF but now I think you might have convinced me that I NEED it! Love your pretty little bouquet...it is a fun set to play with, isn't it?! Happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty bouquet!Such a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan your bouquet is just beautiful! Love those pretty blossoms and the great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, this is so beautiful! I love the Pool Party and that gorgeous bouquet! I am with LeAnne, now I need that embossing folder! I hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textured background is fabulous but, you're right, does not overpower that beautiful bouquet. Gorgeous card, Jan! Hope you're having a great week ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Really like your patterned strip behind your bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Jan - I love those flowers, but it's the wood plan background and burlap stamped banner that really set this card apart - the added texture works so well as a background for your beautiful bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, it is wonderful to see these spring colors - and your wonderful bouquet of flowers! Fabulous take on the sketch
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete